Personal Information Collection
Candour Energy will collect information voluntarily provided by Individuals during the User Registration process or Client acceptance procedure. Such information will be complemented by additional information generated through interaction with the Site(s), through correspondence, in connection with potential or actual participation in any consultation, survey, poll or assignment (“Project(s)") or any other interaction with Candour Energy, Clients or Experts. This will include personal information such as name, contact details (including email address, postal address and telephone numbers), skills, expertise, professional biography including academic and employment history, Project participation or other contributions and, for Experts, any compensation parameters including payment details. Candour Energy may also obtain certain information from third parties including, but not limited to, suggestions on potential prospective advisors provided by existing Clients, Experts or other third parties.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Candour Energy may send one or more cookies – text only strings of characters identifying a visitor's browser – to any Individual visiting any Site. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Candour Energy records every visit to any Site and logs web request and internet protocol address information.
Use Of Your Information
Candour Energy uses your information to facilitate and process your participation in Projects and to contact you about past, current and potential future Projects. In addition, we use the information we collect about you to:
- monitor, improve and develop our business/offering to you;
- inform you about services offered by Candour Energy;
- send you direct (e)mail such as offers, requests or notices from Candour Energy or associated third parties with whom we have a contractual relationship regulating the use of your information;
- provide your information to facilitate payments owing to you;
- be supplemented with information received from third parties;
- Candour Energy may allow transfer of information between Clients and Experts or between Experts via email or a web-based interface; for example, by allowing an Expert to refer a friend or colleague as a potential prospective advisor. Any Individual making use of such communication channels or functionalities understands that their personal information is available to the intended recipient party and Candour Energy.
Disclosure Of Your Information
Your information may be held by Candour Energy inside and outside the United Kingdom. Your information may also be transferred to and from locations inside and outside the United Kingdom by our staff and third parties working for us.
Apart from the disclosures in connection with the uses outlined in the section “Use of Your Information" above, Candour Energy may disclose your information in response to any legal or discovery process required by law or any authority, to protect our rights or for the prevention or detection of a crime. Upon a partial or complete sale of Candour Energy or upon us entering into a joint venture with a third party, we may disclose your information to such new business partners or owners who may then use your information in connection with their respective products and services. We may also disclose your information as part of aggregated Candour Energy data which is not individually identifiable.
The following provisions with regards to disclosure of information apply to Experts only:
- Candour Energy may disclose your information to Clients and Clients may, if required to do so by law or their compliance policies, disclose to third parties information regarding any Projects in which they and you participated (e.g. your name and your remuneration);
- Candour Energy may disclose your information to third parties including but not limited to current and former employers and companies that you have provided services to or contracted with, for the purpose of confirming any consents or approvals that you may need to be an Expert or to participate in any Project(s);
- Candour Energy may seek to verify your employment history and may seek to verify the duration and accurate invoicing and description of Projects you participate in;
- Candour Energy may share your information with non-client third parties for the purpose of promoting our business by displaying your information on our Site(s) and any other marketing materials, subject to your right to opt-out, as provided in the Terms and Conditions.
Your Right To Know Your Stored Information, Keeping Your Information Current And Opt Out
As an Expert you are required to regularly update your biographical and employment information, which you warrant to be true and up to date as per the Terms and Conditions. You may review the information you have provided and update such information at any time by logging on to your dashboard on the Site(s).
We take the security of your personal information seriously and therefore have measures in place to minimise abuse, unauthorised access, loss and unlawful processing. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers, transmissions between your computer and our servers, or information provided to us or any third party via our Site(s). We therefore remind you that you are acting at your own risk with respect to any and all information you supply to us or generate through interaction with us or our Clients.